HAIL DAMAGE REPAIR
THOUSANDS OF VEHICLES INSPECTED AND REPAIRED
You have several thousand dollars worth of damage. Hail repairs are rather costly. All it takes is a few dents on the hood and a few dents on the roof and you are over $500 worth of repairs. Out of the 1000’s of vehicles we have either repaired or inspected so far, we have not seen a single vehicle that does not need to make a claim.
Contact your insurance company ASAP and make a claim. They will give you instruction on where to take it for an estimate. There are going to be a ton of claims so the quicker you call, the higher up on the list you will get.
Once you have the estimate from the insurance company, call me and we will get you taken care of.
If you have any type of broken glass, call Glass Dawg our sister brand to Dent Dawg and tell them that Chris from Dent Dawg sent you. They will give you discounted price and get to you sooner.
If you have cracked glass or paint, chances are high that the damage you have sustained is far beyond what can be repaired with Paintless Dent Repair. We highly advise you to call a collision repair center and schedule with them.
Due to the size of this storm all body shops will be back logged for months. Be patient. They will get to you but there are millions of damaged cars so it will take some time.
INSURANCE CLAIM PROCESS
1. Call your insurance and make a claim. They will give you instruction on where to take the vehicle in order to receive an estimate. You MUST receive an estimate from the insurance company before anybody can touch your vehicle. The estimate will be well below the actual cost of repair but don’t panic, this step is just the first in the repair process and it’s designed so you get into the insurance database and get the ball rolling on your claim. Don’t hassle the adjuster for every dent or dollar. They don’t have the eye that we do which is why they rely on us to re-write the estimate when you bring the vehicle to us for repairs. Just take the estimate and let them get to the next Fellow San Antonio.
2. Once you have the estimate, contact Dent Dawg to get on the schedule. Once we receive your vehicle, we will circle up every dent on the vehicle and re-write the estimate. You will notice on the estimate that you received from the insurance that it will say something along the lines of “supplement requests need to be faxed or emailed to this number”. We will send the new estimate(supplement) to the insurance company.
3. Once the supplement is received, the insurance company will send another appraiser back out to re-inspect the vehicle with us. Once the insurance company approves the supplement, as long as the vehicle is completely PDR’able, turnaround time is 2 days. If there is any minor paintwork involved this will increase the repair time. You must also factor in the time that it takes for the insurance company to come out for the re-inspect, which can be several days.
Dent Dawg has 2 shops in San Antonio. We are a LOCAL company and we have our main, year round shop, but we also have 20,000 sq.ft. Shop in which we have 50 of the best hail techs in the country churning out 80 hail repairs per day. We care about San Antonians because we are San Antonian owned.
You will see many hail repair outfits all around town set up on the side of the road or in some sort of make shift shop. These are not LOCAL guys and it’s extremely difficult to know what kind of quality you will get with them. They are here today and gone tomorrow. Don’t settle for choosing their services just because it’s cheaper. In this business you get what you pay for and the money you save now can very well cost you more later when you have to fix their mistakes.
Hail Damage Repair
in San Antonio, Texas
When it comes to hail damage repair, it’s important to ensure that the job is done by qualified professionals. In most cases, escaping the wear and tear caused by nature on vehicles is almost impossible during hailstorms. That’s because you may not know what to expect when a storm strikes. And, foreseeing the nature of a storm and the extent of the damage it will cause is also difficult.
But, once the storm is over, you decide how you want to damage to be repaired. While you may consider fixing the damage without professional assistance, it’s advisable to leave the job to experts. Hail damage can lead to extensive denting on a vehicle. In most cases, vehicles are dented on the roof, trunk, and hood. The degree of the damage varies depending on the severity of the hailstorm.
Luckily, we have experienced technicians that repair any type of hail damage. We specialize in fixing hail damage and we can remove any evidence of hailstorm from your vehicle.
Our Hail Damage Repair Process
In most cases, we use the paintless dent repair process to fix hail damage. This method is different from the conventional method of fixing hail damage. Our technicians manipulate the car’s framework metal to remove the dings and dents caused by hail damage.
Our technicians use specialized tools to perform this manipulation without removing paint from the surface of the vehicle. The tools used by our technicians enable them to work on dings and dents from the inner side of the affected panels. As such, this method of fixing hail damage does not involve sanding, filling, or painting.
We use this method to repair outer panel indentations or strokes that have not stripped paint from a vehicle. If the finish of the exterior panel has not been compromised by hail damage, this technique will remove all surface imperfections perfectly. And, your vehicle won’t require repainting.
But, if the finish of the exterior panels is damaged, our technicians can still use this hail damage repair technique to avoid using body fillers before refinishing the vehicle. Nevertheless, we use specialized tools and the latest technology to ensure that we restore hail-damaged vehicles to their pre-damage conditions.
Here’s a breakdown of how our repair process works:
Step 1: Damage Assessment
This entails taking photos and documenting the damage as soon as possible. You can do this even before you give us a call. However, our technicians will still assess the damage before commencing the repair. It’s also important to jot down locations for insurance purposes.
Step 2: Creation of the Repair Plan
Our technicians will know the extent of hail damage on your vehicle by conducting an assessment. This assessment will form the basis of the next course of action. It will determine whether paintless dent repair will work or conventional repair is the best approach. Our technicians will share the repair plan with you before they start fixing the damage.
Step 3: The Actual Repair
Once you’ve approved the plan, our technicians will start the actual repair. Depending on the extent of the damage, our technician will recommend and use the conventional or PDR method. This process will take between 2 days and a month depending on the chosen method.
The conventional repair involves several steps when fixing hail damage. Our technicians start by removing paint from the damaged or dented area. This will be followed by pulling or pounding out the dent to get the panel back into its right shape. After repairing the dent, the filler is used to even out the panel if necessary and prepare it for a paint job.
The damaged part is sanded, primed, and then painted. The final protective paint layer is also applied. The conventional repair process requires time because the applied paint must match the original color. What’s more, the job must be completed without imperfections like drips marks.
Although this method can be used to fix most dents, especially major ones, it costs more and it takes a lot of time.
Benefits of Our Paintless Dent Repair Process of Fixing Hail Damage
Our hail damage repair process does not involve the use of paint or fillers. There are several reasons why it is ideal for fixing hail damage that is not extensive.
Here are some of them:
- Lower cost- Compared to the conventional process of fixing hail damage, this technique is inexpensive. The traditional method is more labor-intensive. Paintless dent repair does not require a lot of labor. And, this leads to cost-reduction. As such, insurance companies prefer this method because of its low cost and effectiveness.
- Quick turnaround- PDR is a fast procedure when compared to conventional repair. The conventional repair can take weeks while PDR takes between a few hours and a day, depending on the extent of hail damage.
- No chemicals- This method entails the manipulation of metallic panels from the inside. As such, it is used to fix hail damage without affecting the paint on a car. It also does not involve the use of primers, fillers, and paint.
Talk To Us Today!
Was your vehicle damaged by hailstorm recently? Do you have questions about its repair or do you need help to fix the damage? If yes, call us right away to schedule its repair or to request a free estimate. We’re professionals that have been fixing hail damage on vehicles in San Antonio for years. Our crew has the necessary skills, experience, and tools to fix any hail-damaged vehicle.
Call us to request a free hail damage repair estimate or to schedule your appointment today!